Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Sentimental Sunday - 1st DT Challenge - 188, Alter something

Well bloggers

Here it is, not only my first DT challenge for Sentimental Sundays challenge 188 entitled 'Alter something' but also the first thing I've actually altered!!

this is such a great creative challenge, please hop over and have a go, and check out the other wonderful DT projects, you won't be disappointed!

I found an old note book in my craft room, and though it was a perfect medium to alter.  Our sponsor this week is 'a day for daisies,







The backing paper is ordinary copier paper.  I screwed it up and used tea dye and vintage photo distress inks with a duster brush.  I then used the vintage photo to stamp the words and butterflies, before wrapping it around the note book.  The image is 'pearls in my hair' from 'a day for daisy' that I promarkered (I know that's not a real word, but I like it anyway ;-).)  (Cool grey 1 to 4, almond, dusky pink, sunkissed pink blush, vanilla, tan, sandstone, caramel and cocoa), and used liquid pearls for the ones in her hair.  I then digi printed the word 'notes' and the ones at the bottom, inked and distressed, the heart is a doily that I covered in versamark and used gold embossing powder on.  Everything was layered up, I added flowers and some cut out butterflies, along with two curls made of card, added the usual copious amounts of glitter all over, and here it is, my first ever altered piece!

I hope you like it - problem is it's now so lovely I won't want to use it!

Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a message if you do so I know you've been!
Love
Rachael
x

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You will have to put it on a shelf and just look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year and welcome to the Sentimental Sundays family.
    You didn't mess anything up by using those distress inks!!! The colors are beautiful and I love the monochromatic theme throughout the entire layout!!! Your image is colored beautifully and surrounded by gorgeous layers of layers. Even if you don't decide to use the book, at least display it so it can be admired by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the extra details and sparkly touches - a complete transformation!! Almost too pretty to use... ;)

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many details and delicate colors. Love all the details.

    xoxo
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow so stunning rachael.really beautiful soft colours and i love your pretty details and gorgeous image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card this is image is so pretty. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning Rachael :o)
    Hugs
    Fellow Teamie, Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sooooo drooling over this project!!! I love it absolutely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x