Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2014

A day off - woo hoo!

Hello everyone

While waiting in all day for a furniture delivery - I am today taking some time in the craft room to make pretty things, blog hop and enter some challenges! Well if I have to wait in for the delivery and can't leave the house, what else is a girl to do!

my first post is to enter the following challenges:

Cutie Pie challenge -Shades of blue
Created with love - Anything goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything goes
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything goes
Great Impressions - Use something new




I brought some new papermania capsule papers from the range - I love the colour combination of dark blues and cream. The image is a Gorjuss girl stamped in memento ink and coloured with promarkers. (hair - cool grey 1 to 5 and black.  Skin - Blush, sunkissed pink and coral.  Dress flex markers - aquamarine, surf blue and soft aqua with cool grey on the tights.  the books, almond, tan, sandstone, caramel)  I then used the butterfly stamp that came with the stamp set to stamp onto the backing paper and cut them out.  I cut along the patterned edge of the paper and used a new sizzix die to cut the doily.  the sentiment was printed on the computer and cut out with a 2inch punch. the flowers were a woodware punch that I gave dimension and glitter to and it was finished (as usual) with ribbon and glitter!

the next one is using another Gorjuss girl - this time the one with the fox - but I've turned it into a little white dog!
this one is to enter:
Sketch n stash - sketch 131
Quirky crafts - use bird/bee or butterfly




Again using trusty promarkers and flexmarkers to colour her (skin - blush, sunkissed pink and coral.  Hair - cool grey 1 to 5.  Dress - light blossom, blossom, rose pink, water melon with grey on her tights.  Dog also cool grey 1 to 3).  Layered up with some really old scrapbook papers (I don't know where they are from sorry!) and I used a grey paper to mat and layer. the spotty paper is an embossing folder, that i rubbed victorian velvet distress ink over the top of. I used a white gel pen to add details - the butterfly is a marianne die that I added pearls to.  again finished with paper flowers and a ribbon.

I hope you like them - off to find some more challenges, hop round some blogs that have very pretty things, and make more of my own.  I may be back later depending on what time the delivery comes, but until then, if you drop by leave me a message so i know you have been.  It makes my day to receive lovely messages!

Rachael
x

11 comments:

  1. beautiful cards Rachael!!! love these Gorjuss stamps!!!!
    Mirella DK

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions this month. Enjoy your day off

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards, I love the soft muted colors. Hope you enjoyed your crafting day. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Nancy,DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable blue card...thanks so much for sharing with us at The Cutie Pies and Good Luck xx Sarah-J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards Rachael don't blame you for taking time out in your craft room I often hide out in mine lol. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards, love the images used and such pretty papers, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. Love them both. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner
    Created with Love Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love those stamps. Great cards both of them. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. stuning cards rachael.i love your sweet gorjuss girls and your designs are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are beautiful I love the gorjuss girl images. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch n Stash x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colours, klovely card -thank you for joining Quirky Crafts this challenge
    ((Lyn)) DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x