Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Lovey Dovey

Hello fellow bloggers!

you may have noticed that already the retailers are pushing valentines day, so what better time to start making Valentines cards.  This one was made ready for Sentimental Sundays latest weekly challenge - Lovey dovey, ahhhhh.

Made using a fabulous image from our sponsor this week



a very clean and simple card this week.  the digi image and sentiment were designed on craft artist and printed out.  I then printed the image for a second time.  I've seen these photos with people and umbrellas where the background is black and white, but the image umbrella is coloured, so I took inspiration from this.  I coloured the umbrella with promarkers (poppy, ruby, walnut and cool grey 5), and then shaded the image underneath using pencils, to give a sketched feel. The umbrella was then given some dimension with some pinflair glue gel, and here it is...




I hope you'll stop by at Sentimental Sundays and give us a go, and if you land here - I'd love for you to leave a comment, they make my day every time I get one!

Hope to see you all again soon

Rachael

8 comments:

  1. so stunning rachael.i love your cas design and the image is fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi teamie! This is such a terrific CAS card. Your sentiment is so endearing and I love your color choices.

    xoxo
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is a great card - the sketchy colouring of the image makes the umbrella pop even more!

    Victoria SS teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael this is gorgeous what is the file called on craft artist as I have that and would seriously love that image. love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison. The image is from our sponsor Sami Stamps i just loaded it into craft artist and flipped it to face the other way. Thank you for the lovely comment! Rachael x

      Delete
  5. amazing CAS card! I find them so difficult to make! I love the black and white with the red, beautiful!
    Mirella DK (Sentimental Sundays Team mate)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS design, Rachael! Love the simple color scheme...

    hugs,
    Angi
    Making Mayhem | Because Life is Messy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x