Pages

Monday 25 January 2016

Pretty Bouquet

Hello everyone

My mom has been very poorly recently - hence the distinct lack of blogging.  She has COPD and was in hospital all over the Christmas period and I've been backwards and forwards making sure she had everything.

She is now getting a little better and so I've had a bit of 'me time' back and hope to start up regular posts again.

Here's the first of a couple of posts coming soon using some LOTV images.  I have so many but don't use them often enough.  I've decided to start and make some cards for the box as I know we are going to have plenty of kids parties coming up soon!

The first one is using a stamp called 'Pretty bouquet'


I used distress inks for the base colour and then used my Spectrum noir pencils to add in the highlights (it worked surprising well actually!)

The card was double sided printed centura pearl using Pink Petticoat papers, and then put through my latest gadget, my scan and cut (Christmas pressie from hubby!) to make the card blank.

Other Pink petticoat papers and Kraft card were used for the layers with distress ink edges.  Flowers from my stash finished with ribbon and bakers twine, and paper butterflies also decorated with distress inks and pearls.

I hope you like her!

I'd like to enter this into:

613 avenue create - anything goes, no twist
Crafty Friends Challenge blog - anything goes
Really reasonable ribbon - use pink
simply papercrafts for all occasions - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message!

See you soon

Rachael
x




7 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael, glad your mum is a little better and you have a little time to craft, your card is lovely recognise those dipped butterflies. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scan and cut - you one very lucky lady! Beautiful card. Lovin your papers and all those fabulous layers! Hope your dear mum continues to improve. Hugs to you! Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful lovely design, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the colouring and layout, thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW this is totally gorgeous, thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, hope to see you again soon
    {613 DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! I love the way you offset the layers and the lovely shape of the card. Your flower cluster is a thing of beauty! Thanks for joining the fun at our latest challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel!
    Your card is absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. We appreciate your participation, and hope that you will join us tomorrow for our new challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Design Team Member
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x