Pages

Tuesday 25 November 2014

All dressed up for Christmas

Hi everyone

Woo hoo - I've managed a midweek post!  I have managed to squeeze in a bit of crafting over the last couple of days - however not as much as I'd like as I have been catching up with those household chores as well as doing some school visits so I can choose a school for Harrison next September. sob sob!

My followers will know the All dressed up are my favourite digi stamps, and as they are having a DT call, it would be rude not to have a go!




The stamp is called Happy Christmas little star, and shes been coloured with promarkers.  Around the edge is aged aqua embossing enamel and chunky white (both frantage).  the papers are from a digi kit by nitwit and its been aged using a technique I recently learned at my fortnightly workshop (thanks Sue!). Using a very dry flat brush and gesso,  lightly pull the loaded brush across the card and it makes it look like its been sanded and aged.  The blue panel has been run through an embossing folder with some blue/white spotty ribbon.  The sentiments are a combination of Lili of the valley and Crafters companion Christmas magic stamps.  the flowers are Sue Wilson dies

Hope you like it!  thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my ramblings....

I'd like to enter this into

All dressed up DT call
Crafty Sentiments - use die cuts
Passion for promarkers - blooming marvelous (use flowers)
Through the craft room door - anything goes
addicted to stamps - lots of layers
Christmas stampin - anything goes Christmas

See you soon

Rachael
x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Rachael, this card is lovely, I especially like the hair. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card it really is lovely and cute, nice techniques by the way, LOL. Good Luck with the DT call I will keep everything crossed for you. See you soon. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute card in lovely colours. Looks stunning! Adorable! Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute! Love the color scheme and all that sparkle on the image. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Rachael! Love the sweet image, fab layout and gorgeous embellies! Thanks for playing along with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have gorgeous colouring skills and I love this pretty card. Great use of the Frantage!
    Thank you for joining us at All Dressed Up DT call and wishing you good luck.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the DT call Rachael! Love the card, so pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable! I love the image you used and you've colored her beautifully. I also LOVE the name of your blog since purple and sparkly are both favorites of mine! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our "Use Your Diecuts" challenge! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous rachael.i love your beautiful detailing and your image and colours are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card. Lovely image and colours.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at a Passion for Promarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachael, please contact All Dressed Up at alldressedupchallenge@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable little Fairy!!.. Supercute dress she has.. Stunning with the glitter and sparkle!!.. Great layers!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x