Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

Two for the boys

Good evening everyone. (well looking at the time that should say good 'very early' morning!)

I have just spent an amazing weekend with some real quality time with my little one - Harrison.  We went to the scarecrow festival at Belbroughton yesterday, and today had a pyjama day watching Disney movies and catching up on housework.

After all that I've also had some me time in my craft room this evening, ready for the working week ahead. yawnnnnn!

I've made two cards both for little boys. (please scroll down for challenges at 'here come the boys' and 'passion for promarkers!) The first is dedicated to my little one who has a love of pirates.  This LoTV stamp always reminds me of Harrison, especially with the little dog!

I want to enter this challenge into
  • sketch and stash challenge 122.
  • Papertake weekly - Sketchie free for all (Sketch 45)

I stamped the image and coloured with watercolour paint.  I printed the backgrounds from a Kay Miller digikit and added glitter.  It was from the same kit (high seas) I printed the pirate related sentiments.  I used my new Tim Holtz distress tool to distress the edges before adding net and gems to finish.




My second creation was made using Cuddlybuddy digi stamps.  I'm really liking the digi stamps - if you haven't tried them - please do.  I just typed 'digi stamp' into google and loads of great sites came up.  I cant believe I haven't thought of this before!!

Anyway - this is what I made and I want to enter it into:

Here come the boys challenge #61 baby boy
Passion 4 promarkers - one for the boys
Bearly-mine challenge - anything goes
7 kids college fund - Challenge #83 (Optional twist of promarkers)




for this I printed all the stamps I wanted onto card stock and coloured using promarkers
Vanilla, Tan, Sandstone, Denim, Blue pearl, blue grey, cool grey 1 and 3. blush and sunkissed pink

I then inked the edges using tumbled glass Tim Holtz distress ink, sprayed the sentiment with iridescent spray and sparkle from crafters companion and assembled using ribbon, and net

Thank you so much for stopping by - please leave me a comment so I know you've been!
hugs
Rachael
x

12 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards I love the sentiment on the baby card. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes the Boys challenge good luck
    Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very cute cards. Thanks fir paying at PTW. I have some candy and would love you to hop over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful cards. I especially love the second one with the magical sentiment. It's so true. Thanks for playing along with my challenge over at Passion for Promarkers.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely boys cards, Rachael! Love your compilation of digistamps and wonderful sentiment on that sweet baby card! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fab cards beautifully coloured too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Rachael. I love the cute images, fabulous colouring and beautiful detailing
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, thanks for joining us for our baby boy challenge at HCTB's. Good luck with your entry, DT Manda xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fab cards. Love all your pirate words with that LOTV image! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Stash this Challenge, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the baby sentiment! Thank you for sharing your work with us in the Here Come The Boys Challenge hugs Woo & Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two super cute cards! LOL love the sentiment on the second one! Thank you for playing at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet baby card! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x