Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

Just like Mum

Hello, I hope everyone is feeling fine - even if the weather can't quite make up its mind!

I've just spent a lovely day with my little one - we went to the local animal sanctuary at Cotwell End Farm.  It was a derelict old place, and new owners have taken it on and are trying to renovate it.  Using money from visitors they are trying to restore the place, so I've decided to make some cards for them to sell in their shop as a donation towards the upkeep.  Watch this space for examples!

If anyone is local to Dudley (West Mids), its just outside Sedgley, and is worth a visit, they have lots  of animals that you can feed - some of which are rescue animals.  Harrison loved it and we will go again even if only to donate some more funds to them.

After the farm we baked 'Monsters Inc' blue cupcakes... blue food colouring and a two year old... maybe that part wasn't such a good idea! 

Anyway on with the craft!  Another new creation, made with a crafters companion stamp.

I made this to enter the Sketch 'N' Stash challenge 119.





I printed off a pretty background paper, typing Happy Birthday in one corner to cut out as a sentiment.  I then matched it with lilac card for matting and layering and die cut a doily in the same card.

I stamped the image using memento ink and coloured with a combination of promarkers and spectrum noir pens, finishing with liquid pearls and glitter.  I die cut this shape with a round spellbinder die, layered it all up using ribbon and lace across the card, and roses and a flourish to finish.

Thanks for looking
Rachael
x

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous make. Beautiful little image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty card - love the colour and sweet image so beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for playing along at Sketch and Stash this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning rachael.really gorgeous image and i love your pretty colours and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash. Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh it's lovely!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!!
    xoxo, Ally
    PS: Sorry, I'm sooooo late with my commenting....

    PPS: Could you pls turn off word verification? It makes is so hard to comment on the blogs...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x