Pages

Saturday 12 August 2017

Shadow Box card.

Hello everyone

While doing a bit of blog hopping I came across a gorgeous blog with some fab pop up cards.  Arte Banale had also done a tutorial for a shadow box card that I took inspiration from.  Link is here



I used a Hunkydory stamp set called pretty princesses and stamped with Stazon.  I coloured them onto watercolour card with clean colour Kuretake markers and a water brush.

The background layer was water-coloured with tumbled glass distress ink, and I used a 'Joy' die of clouds too (although it is difficult to see them behind the castle!)

I then layered them up onto the tabs inside the card for dimension.  Sorry about the shadows on the photos, I couldn't get a good shot without the flash, which meant I had shadows behind....

The good thing about this card is that it folds flat into a 6 x 6 envelope for posting.  I just loved making it!

I hope you like it too.

I'd like to enter this into:
Polkadoodles - anything goes
C.R.A.F.T - anything goes
creative knockouts - cards for a child
Daydream Challenges - anything goes
Crafty creations - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and especially for any messages you leave.  I love to read them all.

See you soon!
Rachael





3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab fairytale scene, Rachael! So cute! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a clever design. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a message - it always makes my day to read them! x